Help Line : 011 2674421
The objective of the Compulsory Import Inspection Scheme (CIIS) is to assure that the imported products Gazette under this scheme, designated in the relevant regulations are closely monitored and assessed the conformity to the relevant Sri Lanka Standard Specification (SLS) and to make recommendation to the Department of Sri Lanka Customs on release of the consignments. This scheme is implemented based on the Gazette Notification No. 2064/34 of 29 March 2018 under the Imports and Exports Control Act No. 1 of 1969.
Conformity of consignments of the designated items for importation/ or Gazette shall be assessed based on the following criteria.
- Consignment with Certificate of conformity issued by an accredited laboratory.
- Consignment accompanied with a Certificates of Conformity (COC) issued from the National Standard body of the exporting country.
- Consignment imported from a manufacturing plant registered with SLSI.
- Consignment of products carrying the “Product certification Mark” of the national standards body where the stand use for said certification is compatible with the corresponding Sri Lanka Standard Specifications.
- Reliability and experience on the past performance of the manufacturer of the product with respect to the product compliance.